Saturday, October 3, 2009

This is me

By now I have met most of you. You've seen me on Saturdays or at tutoring after school. (I'm the one who brings snacks sometimes.)

This is my first year working with Upward Bound. I spent the last 8 years teaching Spanish, at two different high schools and at an elementary school. I grew up in Santiago, Chile, and moved to the US right after I finished 8th grade. I went to high school in Austin, Texas, and graduated from UT Austin with a degree in Spanish Language and Literature.

I love books. I love reading and I also write, mostly novels because short stories are harder! (I can never come up with a good ending. So I keep writing the story... and then it's a novel!) I'm currently editing a novel I wrote in 2004, which I plan to shop to agents in a few months so I can get it published.

I live with my husband, Mr. Forshay, and four cats: Indiana Jones, Princess Vespa, Happy Girl, and Agustus McCrae (two are movie characters, one was named by my ex-step-daughter, and the last one is a book and movie character. Can you identify the movies/book? By the way, I did not come up with any of the names).

There's a lot more to say about me, but that's a good starting point. I've enjoyed getting to know you all this first semester, and I look forward to getting to know the rest of you, and getting to know you better, this next semester. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment