Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Day 4: A Habit You Wish You Didn't Have

Hmm... how about procrastination?

I opened this page yesterday, fully intending to write this post. Then the work day ended and I still hadn't gotten to it, not because I didn't have time, but rather because I let myself get distracted by other things. It really wouldn't have taken me that long to write it, but for some reason I just kept avoiding it...

I do that often. Then I end up doing things at the last minute, rushed, and beating myself up about it. I get stressed about all the things that still need to get done, because I've avoided doing them and wasted my time on other stuff that was not urgent or important.

The worst part is, when I avoid doing something I thought would be a pain, or take too long, or [insert excuse here], I usually find out, once I do it, that it wasn't that bad at all. But I spent all that time, wasted all that energy, stressing about it (instead of getting it out of the way), feeling bad about procrastinating, and beating myself up about it.

You'd figure one of these days I'd learn, and JUST DO IT, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment